Monday, December 8, 2014

The Rithmatist

The Rithmatist (The Rithmatist #1)The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The book The Rithmatist has received such good reviews, that I felt it might be worth my time, but I have to admit, the subject did not really appeal to me.  It is about a boy named Joel whose greatest desire is to be a Rithmatist.  Rithmatists are defenders of the American Isles, and they defend the Isles by creating strategic chalk drawings that will ultimately defend them from the wild chalklings of Nebrask. Joel has a scholarship to the Armedius Academy, where they train Rithmatists.  He has missed his opportunity to become a Rithmatist, or at least he thinks he has.  When Rithmatist students start disappearing from the academy, Joel is recruited by his professor, Dr. Fitch, to help solve the mystery.   It is the mystery combined with the intriguing detail of the chalk defenses, and the light romance with Melody, a Rithmatist, that makes this story a fun read.   Definitely worth my time. 



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment