Thursday, September 19, 2013

Gregor the Overlander

Gregor the Overlander (Underland Chronicles, #1)Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I finally got around to reading this book by Hunger Games author Suzanne Collins.  My granddaughter really loved this book, and I know why.  It is a delightful fantasy book about 11-year-old Gregor and his sister, Boots, who fall down a grate in the laundry room of their apartment in New York City.  They end up in a new world, Underland, that is inhabited by humans, giant cockroaches, spiders, rats and bats (and who knows what else).  Gregor, as it turns out, is part of an ancient prophecy, which involves a war between the rats and the humans, bats, and roaches.  Although he doesn't feel destined to lead, he is thrust into the role. I truly enjoyed following Gregor and Boots into the Underland.  Collins creates a magical world.  Definitely a must read for middle schoolers.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment