Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Selection

The Selection (The Selection, #1)The Selection by Kiera Cass
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book made me feel like I was fifteen again, trying to figure out with the heroine, America Singer, which boy to like.  Predictable and not terribly original, I was pulled into the book immediately, and I think my older middle school girls will be too.  The story is kind of a fairy tale/American idol type story that takes place in a futuristic United States that has become a monarchy.  35 girls are selected, one from each province, to go to the capital to try to win the heart of Prince Maxon.  America Singer is chosen, but she doesn't really want to go. She has a secret love, Aspen, who is in a lower caste than she is in this caste regulated society, and she only hopes to someday marry him.  But, she is selected, and of course seems to be the favorite of Prince Maxom.  You know this is number one in the series, so expect a lack of resolution to her dilemma, but if you are like me, you will definitely be lining up for volume 2.


View all my reviews

1 comment: