Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Cress

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)Cress by Marissa Meyer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Many times I skip reading all of the books in a series because there are so many books that I should read, but I am glad I did not do that this time.  I have enjoyed the Lunar Chronicles series, but I think I enjoyed Cress even more than the other two.  Perhaps because I was so thoroughly invested in the characters by this time.  Cress, like the other books in the series is a takeoff on a fairy tale. In this case, it is Rapunzel, only the tower is an orbiting satellite. She is finally rescued by Cinder and friends, but ends up with Carswell Thorne, the prisoner who escaped with Cinder as she plummets to earth in the satellite.  All of the characters: Cinder, Wolf, Cress, and Thorne join together to stop queen Lavana's marriage to emperor Kai.  Scarlet has been taken to Luna, so she has problems of her own. The book is a real page-turner from beginning to end.  For some reason, I thought this was the last in the series, but I am delighted to find out Meyer has two more scheduled to appear in 2015.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment