Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Raven Boys

The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle, #1)The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater is my new favorite.  I'm not sure whether it was the skilled reader (listened to the audio version), great story, or much improved writing of the author, or all three, but this book had me hooked from the very beginning.  The story is of Blue Sargent, the daughter of a psychic, and the only non-psychic in a family of psychics.  She does have a gift though, that of being able to amplify others psychic powers.  We are introduced to Blue in the beginning of the book with the statement, "Blue Sargent had forgotten how many times she'd been told that she would kill her true love."  And, the story has you hooked, even if she has no love interest at the time, and doesn't plan on finding one.  After she meets the boys from Aglionby Academy, an all-boys school for the rich, boys that she normally disdains, the story gets deliciously intriguing.  I couldn't wait for my commute to and from work to listen to this book.  Sadly, yesterday it ended.  Now, I can't to read (or listen to) the sequel, The Dream Thieves.  The caveat is that it is probably for only my more mature middle schoolers because of language issues.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment