Monday, January 16, 2012

Forge

Forge (Seeds of America, #2)Forge by Laurie Halse Anderson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The book is really a sequel to Chains, although I didn't realize it until I was into the book. I found out later that it is to be a trilogy. The story shifts from Isabel's point of view in Chains to that of Curzon, the male slave that Isabel helps rescue from Bridewell Prison. Curzon, apparently has separated from Isabel and joins the Continental Army, befriending a white boy named Eben. After experiencing the deprivation of the troops, circumstances lead him back to his owner, who now also owns Isabel. The rest of the book is spent on the relationship between Isabel and Curzon and their struggle to be free. Anderson has done her homework on this book. Because of its accuracy. the book would make a nice addition to the American History Social Studies core. Great story, and an easy way to understand history.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment