Sunday, November 27, 2011

Malice

Malice (Malice, #1)Malice by Chris Wooding

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Malice was recommended to me in a workshop for creating middle school readers by Chris Hales. He said he recommends Malice to his middle school boys, and has found it never disappoints. Based on my first young reader at Union, I think he may be right. The reader absolutely loved the book and insists we get the sequel Havoc right away. Malice is an engaging story about teens who find this underground comic and end up in the middle of the evil world it portrays. Luke is the first to disappear, so Kady and Seth say the chant required to end up in the comic to save their friend. This mix of prose and comic keep the reader thoroughly entertained as Seth and Kady battle the evil forces in Malice. I would have preferred a more satisfying ending, but certainly the stage is set for the sequel, which I have on my next order.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment