Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Everlost

Everlost (Skinjacker, #1)Everlost by Neal Shusterman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I totally missed this book when it came out in 2006. With Neal Shusterman's recent visit to our Sandy Library, I became curious about this book--especially since it is supposed to be turned into a movie this year. And, I'm glad I did. I think it will be the first book choice for Friends of the Library group this year. Since Nick and Allie are the two main characters that we follow through the book, there is buy in for both boys and girls. The story is unique. Nick and Allie are in a terrible automobile accident, and they don't survive. They are now trapped in a kind of "in between" existence called Everlost. The rules of existence in Everlost are different from those of the living world. As Nick and Allie struggle to keep their identities and find their way in this new world, they run into some exciting characters such as Mary Queen of Snots, who has become sort of the "queen mother" for all the children in Everlost, and the McGill, the monster who terrorizes them all. Although the first in a trilogy (Skinjacker Trilogy), the book can stand alone. Great middle school and above read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment